Product Designer - Focused Labs
August 2022 - Present
- Designed user-centered interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Created wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate design ideas and gather feedback from stakeholders.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams including developers and product managers to ensure product design met technical and business requirements.
- Conducted design thinking workshops for clients and stakeholders to generate ideas and explore design solutions.
- Presented design solutions and recommendations to clients and stakeholders, effectively communicating design decisions and trade-offs.
Industrial Designer III - Becton Dickinson
May 2022 - August 2022
- Implemented user interface designs for Arctic Sun, a medical device that helps monitor and control patient temperature non-invasively in adult and pediatric patients of all ages.
Industrial Designer II - Becton Dickinson
May 2021 - May 2022
- Designer on the Exponential Technologies team in Corporate Computer Aided- Engineering (CAE) at BD
- Lead UX/UI designer for BD’s next-generation vascular access ultrasound machine, Site-Rite 9, an ultrasound Assisted Catheter Placement system.
- Conducts user experience research by formulating protocols, organizing ethnographic studies, contextual interviews, and usability testing.
- Translates findings into understanding the pain points and opportunities for current and potential BD products and experiences to create useful and efficient user experiences.
- Creates user-centered journey maps, storyboards, wireframes, and clickable prototypes to understand user needs.
- Designs high-fidelity prototypes to communicate concepts to end-users and R+D teams.
- Collaborates with BD’s design teams to reinvent BD’s dark mode standards.
- Interacts with cross-functional teams across the company globally including, but not limited to, marketing, sales, R+D, UX/UI, software development, corporate communications, and manufacturing.
Industrial Designer I - Becton Dickinson
May 2020 - May 2021
- Designed internal, interactive applications for clients and partners to understand CAE offerings and impact better.
- Partnered with BD Branding to work within company standards to create external marketing content that was globally deployed.
- Revived the CAE intranet site through the creation of fresh design elements.
- Created high-end animations and realistic renders of BD products and experiences for Exponential Technologies platforms.
R&D Intern - Becton Dickinson
May 2019 - May 2020
- Modeled BD assets used in Virtual Reality experiences created to impact patient outcomes by better educating practitioners through innovative means.
- Created video and animation content or Virtual Reality and Virtual Tour platforms to aid in the education of users.
North Carolina State University
- Bachelor of Industrial Design
- GPA: 3.84/4.0, Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Deans List 2016-2020
NC State European Center - Prague
BD Impact Award
- BDTI + CiD Award for SiteRite 9 UI Design Development
- "Anne's design skill, her initiative, and leadership is well beyond what we would expect from an internal design associate beginning her career in design. Her contribution, performance, and dedication is way beyond our expectations."
IDSA Student Merit Award - South District
- Each year, IDSA holds a senior competition to highlight the very best creativity, problem solving and design brilliance in each of IDSA’s five North American Districts
- Presented at IDSA’s International Design Conference
Wings on Wings Award
- The Dean each year recognizes an individual who makes significant contributions to the College of Design Community at NC State University.
Crystal Cabin - Shortlist
- International airplane cabin competition with Collins Aerospace. One of the two American teams to make it to the shortlist.
Chapter Member - IDSA RDU
2022 - Present
- RDU Chapter of IDSA's goal is to build the vibrant local community of design professionals, educators, and students by creating events that will provide professional development as well as personal and professional networking opportunities.
Co-President - Design Council
- Oversee the responsibilities of the other members to ensure that the organization operates efficiently and cohesively.
- Communicate with prospective students and families through tours and special events.
Vice President, IDSA Student Chapter
- Helped facilitate portfolio reviews, workshops and networking opportunities.
Events Director - Design Council
- Organize events for the CoD student body. Some significant events include Jerry's Art Supplies Run, Studio Collective, Bash, Tunnel Painting, and Dinner with the Dean.